When the weather outside is frightful, it's almost impossible to hail a taxi.
To see some easy tips, click here to
- Call ahead if you can. Many cab companies have an automated service that will call you when your taxi has arrived so you don't have to wait outside in the cold.
- Always look for taxis with their light on.
- If you're close to a hotel or restaurant with valet, walk the extra block or so and ask them to help you get a cab.
- If you're hailing a taxi on your own, be sure not to stand too far in the street, and stay close to a street light so you can easily be seen.
- Head to busy corners with traffic flowing in both directions so you increase your odds of catching a cab.
Good luck and travel safely!