Whether we like to admit it, the stress and burden of daily life often gets in the way of having a little fun, and without fun, things can get boring and depressing. I’m a firm believer that happiness is the key to good health and a long life, so why not incorporate more fun into your life? To see my ideas on how to do just that,
- Give into temptation! Well, not every time, but it’s OK to break your own rules every once in a while. Stay out too late, eat too many brownies, and sleep until noon!
- Plan a night with old friends. Reminiscing about old times guarantees some serious laughter. If you’re feeling really brave, pull out your old yearbooks or photo albums.
- Do something that's out of your comfort zone. Just a small change can get your endorphins running high. If you’re a homebody, make a plan to get out. And if you’re already pretty adventurous, try something totally new like kayaking or skateboarding.
- Splurge on good tickets to see your favorite musician or comedian. There’s nothing like seeing a live performance.
- Host a barbecue for your best friends — it's a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Most importantly, learn how to make even the smallest moments fun ones just by being open to a good laugh!