Once you have chosen your honeymoon destination, let the countdown begin! Since you are essentially going on your vacation of a lifetime, you have to make sure everything is packed and ready to go. Hopefully these tips will help keep you organized and get you excited for your trip!
Click here to
- If you haven't yet, I advise all couples to purchase honeymoon insurance. You can never be too safe
- Before you leave, make photocopies of all your travel documents, passports, plane tickets, itineraries, credit cards, etc. and be sure to leave one set with a friend or family member at home
- Be sure to inform your credit card companies that you will be going out of town so they don't put a hold on your cards, thinking they were stolen. Get travelers checks if you are headed out of the country -- they are much safer than carrying cash
- A few weeks before your trip, make a list of everything you want to bring and all the things you need to purchase before your honeymoon. Remember, you will be leaving straight from your wedding so don't leave anything to the last minute
- Be sure your camera is working properly and don't forget extra film or an extra memory card
- Reconfirm all your reservations and be sure to have a ride to the airport - you don't want to be scrambling or rushing on your way to a relaxing honeymoon, so make sure to leave ample time for check-in
- If you are on a budget, be sure to purchase all your sunscreens and toiletries at home, not at your honeymoon destination
- Be sure to bring all your prescription medications and I advise some antacids and diarrhea medicine if you are traveling overseas -- you don't want some bad water to get the best of your honeymoon!
- If you are not ready to start a family on your honeymoon, be sure not to forget your birth control
I hope this list helps, be safe and most importantly, have fun!!