Have you ever had company over for cocktails and one drink lead to two, which lead to an impromptu dinner party? Well, if not, it's bound to happen sooner than later so there are some tips to keep in mind so you can always be the hostess with the mostess!
Click here to read more
- The next time you go grocery shopping, keep a list similar to this in mind: Nuts, pretzels, cheese, crackers, veggies, dips, cured meat, pasta, pasta sauces, and dried spices. You also want to keep your freezer stocked with some meat, pre-cooked apps, sorbet or ice cream, even veggies so you can quickly whip up something that your guests can nosh while you are preparing dinner
- The fastest way to kill any kind of party is not having enough, or any alcohol. Always keep a bottle of vodka in the freezer, a few bottles of white wine in the fridge, and some red wine in your pantry
- Keep extra candles on hand. Mood lighting is important, especially when your guests might not have had time to touch up their make-up!
- I think it's fair to say that everyone has their own fail proof recipe, whether it be your famous pasta sauce (pasta is a no-brainier since it's easy and filling) or mustard chicken, so stick with what you know - you can't go wrong
- Staying calm is the key to pulling off a last minute get together. If you were gracious enough to extend the invitation last minute, chances are your guests will be very understanding of the limitations you have
If you have an extra 5 minutes before your friends walk through the door, I advise you to quickly vacuum. For some reason, seeing those lines on the carpet makes my apartment feel instantly clean. Good luck, and most importantly, have fun!