According to a recent study, 79% of women wear lipstick, but at any given time, at least half of them are re-touching their color so here are some tips to help make your lipstick last as long as possible.
Click here to
- Lipstick will adhere to your lips if they are smooth and not chapped so be sure to exfoliate your lips (gently) with a soft toothbrush or washcloth
- Just like you put on moisturizer after you wash your face, put on a moisturizing lip balm so your lips don't get dry or chapped
- When you put your foundation and powder on your face, add a layer over your lips to even out the color followed by a coat of waxy lip balm (like Chap-Stick)
- Lining your lip with a pencil in the same color as your lips will help seal in your color, but your lip liner should never be visible. To ensure a smooth application, hold the end of your liner between your fingers to warm the tip
- Although many brands promote long lasting color, if you're going to wear dark lipstick, unfortunately you're going to have to be prepared to re-apply throughout the day or evening
- If you're not one to primp in public, opt for a lighter lip color that you don't need a mirror to touch up
- If you're more of a lip gloss girl, stick to "lip lacquers," "glazes" and "glosses" which tend to be more opaque and longer lasting
I hope these tips are helpful and as a rule of thumb, if you want to make a statement with bold lips, remember to go easy on the eyes. Less is more when it comes to make up!