I think it's fair to say that Mondays are hard on everyone. Getting back into the swing of the work week can take a few days, so here are some tips to help make your Mondays a little more manageable.
Click here to
- To make Monday less daunting, take an extra half hour on Friday and map out your next week. Make a to do list so that you know what needs to get done when you come into work Monday morning.
- Don't give into the Sunday night blues. Make plans with friends, have dinner with your family, or treat yourself to a mani/pedi or a massage; do whatever it takes to make Sunday less depressing.
- Take a few minutes to read over your e-mail Sunday night. It will prepare you for your week ahead and notify you of any major fire storms that may need your attention first thing Monday morning.
- Limit your personal interactions on Monday mornings. Of course it's fun to catch up about your weekend with your co-workers or girlfriends, but it can be very distracting leaving you behind on your work.
- Getting through most of my to do list by lunch time always makes me feel more accomplished so give that tip a try and let me know if it works for you too!
At the end of the day, Mondays are always going to be the toughest day of the week, but if any of you have other tips that help make it a little less painful, please share them below.