Since the 4th of July is right around the corner, it's time to start planning for your pool party! To help you be the hostess with the mostess, check out some fun party planning tips that is a sure fire way to have a hit of a party.
Click here to
- Take the weather into consideration. If it is going to be incredibly warm, think about starting the party towards the end of the day after the peak sun hours
- Make sure to have plenty of bottled water. Drinking alcohol in the sun can dehydrate you, quickly, so make sure your guests stay hydrated
- Avoid glass at all costs, especially if children will be attending your party. Opt for plastic or paper glasses, plates, and utensils. Be sure to have a few large trash cans by the food and drinks so your back yard doesn't get too trashed
- Arrange some snacks for grazing on a table close to were your serving beverages, even if you are serving a meal later in the day. The sun has been known to make people hungry, especially if they are drinking on an empty stomach
- Be sure to have a variety of beverages available - some alcoholic, some non-alcoholic. I suggest making a speciality drink, something fruity and summery like a mojito or a margarita that you can make in a big batch
- Arrange some summer flowers on the tables surrounding the pool. Peonies, sunflowers, roses, etc. are some colorful, seasonal options
- Make sure to have plenty of towels for your guests. It's a good idea to have an array of sunscreens as well, even some extra hats so your guests don't get a sunburn
- A party isn't a party without music! Make sure it accents conversation, not overwhelms everyone
- If you need some good food and drink idea's, consult my friend Party Sugar's guide to help plan a perfect 4th of July 4th of July party!
Have fun and remember, alcohol and water doesn't mix well, so be safe!