Between early morning wake-ups, a full day of work or school, the usual obligations like taking out trash and doing laundry, weekdays are both burdensome and exhausting. And while visions of Friday night might keep us relatively sane, I have a few more things to remember while you’re trying to avoid work-week overload. To see them please read more.
- Live a little! Give yourself something to look forward to in the middle of the week, like a pizza night with girlfriends or a trip to the movies.
- A late night or two during the week is manageable, but avoid getting into the pattern of extending your bedtime. Maintaining a reasonable schedule will make a huge difference in your energy level during the week.
- Getting accustomed to healthy patterns like going to bed early, exercising in the evenings, or bringing healthy lunches to work are great ways to keep you focused during the week. But it’s important to keep your routine exciting. Every week or two, switch things up to keep a little spice in your weekday life.
- Give yourself a night off. Order take-out or come up with a no-cook meal. Grab a magazine, paint your nails, enjoy a long hot bath, or a take walk at sunset. All the chores you need to do will still be there tomorrow.
- Try a new hobby that you can work on during your free time, like scrapbooking or tennis. It will feel great to accomplish something outside of the office, especially something that’s just for you.