Since the holidays are just around the corner, I'm sure you'll be bouncing from one office party to another. It's important to remember not to drink too much so you don't make a fool of yourself in front of your officemates. If the damage is already done, here are some tips on how to save face from the night before.
Click here to
- The number one thing to keep in mind before a long night of drinking is to eat. Drinking on an empty stomach is a recipe for disaster. If there is food at your event, eat it even if you aren't hungry. You'll thank me later for this tip!
- If you are not one to pace yourself, I recommend attending your work function with a date or an office friend. Use the buddy system so you can monitor how much alcohol you're both consuming.
- Stay hydrated in between your alcoholic drinks and keep eating.
- It's fun to let loose with your coworkers and even though there's alcohol involved, you're still surrounded by colleagues who you need to face the next day at work so make sure your not that girl!
- If you speak inappropriately, slip and fall, spill a drink, or even get sick, try to keep it all relative. Although it's not an ideal situation, accidents happen, so keep your head held high and know when to exit gracefully.
- If you owe an apology to your boss or coworker, make it your first order of business the next day, no matter how terrible or embarrassed you feel. Hopefully your coworkers will understand the situation, and you can have a good laugh about it down the road.
- If you were in fact that girl, chances are you're thinking the worst and reading into the situation much more than anyone else is, so try not to dwell on it. The more you bring attention to your actions, the longer it will take for everyone to forget about it. You're apology should be more than enough, so take the situation as a lesson well learned.
I hope these tips help, and good luck this holiday season!