With all the commitment that goes into a marriage, not to mention the time, energy, and money it takes to plan a wedding, it’s easy to find yourself stressed out and coping with some cold feet come the big day. If you’re feeling more than a little worried about your impending nuptials, just
- First of all, don’t confuse plain old stress with cold feet. With all the work you’ve put into creating the perfect day, it’s only natural to feel worried about everything turning out OK. But don’t let those worries affect your overall outlook on your relationship and marriage. Emotions are flying high, but things will cool down as soon as you're back to your old life.
- It may seem counterintuitive, but opening up to your fiance about your worries can go a long way in helping you feel better. Working through it together will only serve to make you a stronger couple.
- You can also open up to a close friend or family member. Getting it all out might be just what you need to move past it. Don’t be afraid of judgment; these are the people who love you and want to see you happy.
- If you really don’t feel like you can talk to anyone, try writing it all down. Examining your feelings closely might also unearth exactly what’s bothering you.
- Give yourself a break from all the wedding fuss — take a long drive, go see a movie, or plan a nonwedding-related night with friends. Taking your mind off things may give you some much needed clarity and room to breath.
Everyone is susceptible to the pre-wedding jitters, so know that you’re not alone. Stay positive and confide in your loved ones, and you’ll make it through!
To see all of our wedding coverage, check out IDoSugar.com.