If you're anything like me, you love your handbags, but what about storing them? Where do you find room for them all, especially if you are working with minimal closet space? I am here to give you some tips on how to keep your bags safe and dust free.
To read more
- Most handbags come in a protective bag, similar to a shoe bag -- don't throw them out. Use them for storage to protect against dust and dirt, especially on those pricey pieces that you want to keep looking as new as possible
- Some bags will lose their shape if they are not kept full, so keep some tissue paper handy and remember to stuff your purse if you are not using it
- The Container Store is a great place to purchase totes or hanging handbag files for your closet. If you are limited with space, under your bed is a great place to store items that are not currently in your rotation
- Hanging your bags on a hook in your closet, or on a free wall is another way to both store your handbags, and keep inventory of them. Again, it is best to hang them in their dust bag for added protection, especially if your bag is white or patent leather, which can take on color from another bag
- Storing clutches is much easier as they take up less room. I suggest using a bin to store them in that you can put on a shelf in your closet, under your bed, or anywhere that you have extra storage space
I hope you find these tips helpful. Remember to always pretreat your handbags before using them -- you want to prevent them from as much wear and tear as possible! If any of you have other suggestions, please feel free to share them in the comments below.