Cutting your long hair can be a life changing decision, so make sure you're 100 percent sure before you hack off your locks. For some easy tips to make sure you're ready, click here to read more
- Make sure you haven't just broken up with your boyfriend, found out you're pregnant, moved to a new city, or had a death in your family before you drastically change your look.
- If you have ever had short hair before, think back honestly about how you liked your look.
- One major concern some women have about cutting their hair short is thinking their face will look fat so if you have concerns about your weight, don't do it!
- To see how you might look with the short 'do before actually cutting your hair, take a Polaroid picture of yourself against a black background. Use a black Sharpie and draw over your hair to where you would like to cut it, almost like you're erasing it, and see how you look! It's the best way to experiment with your hair without actually cutting it.
- Flip through magazines and look for cuts you like on models with a similar shaped face as yours and bring your tears to the salon to show your stylist.
- Don't go to a new stylist if you are making a major change to your hair. Trust your regular stylist to give his or her honest opinion as to if your idea will look good on you and if it will work with your kind of hair.
- It's always fun to take chances and change up your look so keep in mind that even if you don't like your haircut, it will grow back.
I hope you find these tips helpful. If you are cutting over 10 inches of hair at a time, there is a wonderful non-profit organization called Locks of Love that accepts hair donations to make hairpieces for financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any kind of diagnosis. Click here for more information.