Just look at Sandra Bullock. She's making her official red carpet return on June 6, when she'll become the first women to accept the MTV Generation Award at the MTV Movie Awards. Looking hot and celebrating your accomplishments makes the perfect revenge! Here are some other suggestions:
- Ignore him. It might be hard, but block him from your Gchat, try not to respond to his texts or calls, and don't reference him in thinly veiled Facebook or Twitter status messages.
- Cash in his gifts. Can't stand looking at that necklace he gave you? Pawn it and buy yourself something else!
- Don't let it define you. When your next love interest inevitably asks you why you broke up with your ex, say something like "we wanted different things" rather than blurting out "the asshole cheated on me!" (You can always share that later.) It's empowering to ditch the victim role.
- But feel free to share your story. A cheater should expect some consequences for his actions — like a bruised image — so feel free to vent to your friends and family.
To see the rest, read more.
- Get tested for STDs. OK this isn't so much about revenge, but being proactive about your health will remind you that you have respect for your body even though he didn't. And either a clean bill of health, or a game plan to deal with anything you may have contracted, will help you put it all behind you.
- Keep living well. Sandra Bullock reached the top this year with her Oscar win and adorable baby. Her upcoming red carpet appearance shows that she's not letting betrayal slow her down.
Do you have any ideas to add?