We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, HowAboutWe. Stay cool and fresh during your Summer date with Sara Zucker's simple tips.Hot weather has arrived, which means you've shoved scarves to the back of your closet and are waiting with eager anticipation to get it on. Not to say that you don't during any other season, but Sandy and Danny knew what they were singing about — Summer brings loving and having a blast, know what I mean? With that in mind, how can you continue looking like your fine-*ss self while cozying up to the object of your affection in triple-digit temps? I have some suggestions.
1. Pre-date, apply a heat-activated antiperspirant. It's a simple fact: the hotter the weather, the more you will sweat, and sweating is gross. A double-whammy antiperspirant-deodorant that is [literally] turned on by your body’s heat is imperative. As I would rather smell like a lumberjack than a dainty social media professional, Degree Men is one of my favorites. Still sweating? Underarm Botox is a fairly dramatic alternative.
2. Wear breathable fabrics. This is the most important and oft-forgotten rule of the season. Seek out clothing featuring materials like jersey and linen, ones that allow air to flow freely through and dry quickly if you perspire. Avoid polyester at all costs!
3. Stay indoors. Focus on dates that include A/C. This is fairly self-explanatory, specifically because air conditioning will prevent you from looking like a sweaty mess in front of someone with whom you would like to see naked. (Actually, now that I put it that way, summertime could provide a vision for what you’d both look like in the moment. Ignore these tips! Just kidding. Keep reading.)
For two more tips, head over to HowAboutWe: How Not to Look Like a Hot Mess on Your Date.
Check out these other great stories from HowAboutWe
- We're Madly in Love With These Doctor Who Engagement Photos
- 10 Bad Habits Women Have on Their First Dates
- Digital Turnoffs: 5 Ways to Blow It Over Email or Text