Just like a wedding, every bachelorette party is different. Some brides-to-be want to relax, while others want to get wild and crazy. I asked you readers what kind of sending off party you'd like to have. Based on your answers, I found some useful tips for the rest of us to steal!
- Get everyone on the same page. xxstardust says: I have told the girls who will be in my party well in advance — NO STRIPPERS. I will walk out and go home if there's a stripper, not even kidding.
- Try something different. T. Jamey wrote: I really want to have a nice, classy and quiet bridesmaid tea. I've done the crazy running around, stripper and bar hopping routine with my friends so I want something much more mundane for myself.
- Themes are good, even if they must involve genitalia. Gawjuslayd: "I want to have an insane weekend! I want penis pasta, penis straws, the bachelorette sash, the bride-to-be buttons, the T-shirts, games, EVERYTHING!!! I need to get it all out of my system and get drunk off my ass for the last time. We're talking MEN, MEN, and more MEN!!!"
- For destination bachelorette parties, pick up a routine. AlexisSF says: I can't wait for my bachelorette party!! Perfect LA girls weekend — pool, nice dinners out, fun bar scene and repeat."
- Stock up on wine. boredgourdles explains: "I had a grown-up pool/slumber party. I think the empty wine bottles outnumbered the partiers."
Do you have any tips to add?