Here are five facts Futures Without Violence thinks we should all know about this serious problem.
- In the US, nearly one in four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- On average, more than three women a day are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends in the US.
- Violence in a relationship can also take the form of reproductive coercion. Approximately one in five young women experiences pregnancy coercion and one in seven experiences active interference with contraception (birth control sabotage).
- Women of all ages are at risk for domestic and sexual violence, and those age 20 to 24 are at the greatest risk of experiencing nonfatal intimate partner violence.
- One in three teenage girls in the US is a victim of physical, emotional, or verbal abuse from a dating partner.
For a step-by-step guide to creating your Mother's Day card to help support Futures Without Violence, keep reading.
Step 1: To begin, click here.
Step 2: Click "Like" on the Macy's page.
Step 3: Click "Create your card."
Step 4: Choose Futures Without Violence.
Step 5: Click "Select a card design."
Step 6: Click "Allow."
Step 7: Click "Select a card design" again.
Step 8: Scroll down and click "Continue."
Step 9: Choose a friend on Facebook or email the card by clicking on the "enter . . ." field.
Step 10: Submit.