OK, so Bobby Jindal's televised response to Barack Obama didn't exactly guarantee his rise to national prominence, but maybe his charming wife will. Meghan McCain believes Mrs. Jindal is a huge asset to the Louisiana governor, as she titled her recent interview with Supriya Jindal: The first lady of 2012?
When Meghan McCain considers positive female role models in the GOP, she immediately thinks of Supriya, who moved from India to Baton Rouge when she was four.
To read some highlights from the interview,
- Meghan: Did you see the “Kenneth the Page” sketch?
- Supriya: I have not. Should I have?
- Meghan: No.
- Meghan: Do you have any thoughts on the future of the Republican Party?
- Supriya: I think the Republican Party needs to focus on innovative solutions and stop worrying who the leaders are and who the next this and that is.
- Meghan: Your background is really fascinating to me because you are so educated. Why chemical engineering?
- Supriya: I’ve always been drawn to math and science, even as a child. Growing up, my dad was an engineer and some of my uncles were engineers. So when it came to college, I thought, I will give this engineering thing a try.
- Meghan: How important do you think fashion is in politics?
- Supriya: We as women always want to look nice and presentable, but there is a balance there. I am very much a sale shopper and off-the-rack shopper. I love getting shoe deals.
Do you think Supriya has what it takes to be first lady?