We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, YourTango. Today we're looking at the classic bedroom faux pas men make.
There are a lot of misconceptions about sex and sexuality, particularly when it comes to women. Understandably, men might be confused.
Unfortunately, many men end up misinformed about how to please their female partners. As a therapist with more than 25 years of experience, I know that many women endure unsatisfying sex lives without speaking up. And in fairness to all the great men out there, if women don't start talking, how are men supposed to know what to do?
Sure, there are many great lovers out there, and there are no rules that apply to everyone. Still, there are some basic ground rules that apply to most women. So in the spirit of helping couples have better sex and better relationships, here are the top five mistakes men make in bed and what they can do differently:
- Assuming that women do not have the same sex drive as men. Don't believe for a minute that women don't like sex or don't want sex as much as men. While there are certainly individual differences with both genders, women love sex and want sex.
They just don't want bad sex. So if your girlfriend or wife is turning you down, the first thing to ask is how can you make it better for her, not how you can get her to take better care of satisfying your sexual needs.
- Heading straight for her genitals. A woman enjoys the pleasure of her entire body being touched and caressed. She enjoys being kissed and seduced. She especially enjoys feeling the anticipation of finally arriving "down there." Take the time to work your way slowly down a woman's entire body.
For the rest of the article, head to YourTango: Top Five Mistakes Men Make in Bed.
— Julie Orlov.
More from YourTango:
- Ten Ways to Erase Your Ex From Your Life
- How Do I Attract a Man Over 40?
- Five Warning Signs of an Abusive Relationship