Blender magazine asked John McCain and Barack Obama which 10 songs make their ultimate playlists. Obama embraces the newcomer theme — his favorite song of all time is "Ready or Not" by the Fugees. As for McCain, he may not be young and sweet, only 17, but his favorite song is "Dancing Queen" by ABBA. And Obama and McCain can agree on one thing: Frank Sinatra. Songs by Sinatra make both lists. Other than that the candidates have distinct listening preferences.
To see both candidates' top-10 lists, read more.
- "Dancing Queen" by ABBA
- "Blue Bayou" by Roy Orbison
- "Take A Chance On Me" by ABBA
- "If We Make It Through December" by Merle Haggard
- "As Time Goes By" by Dooley Wilson
- "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys
- "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
- "I've Got You Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra
- "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
- "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" by The Platters
- "Ready or Not" by the Fugees
- "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye
- "I'm on Fire" by Bruce Springsteen
- "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones
- "Sinnerman" by Nina Simone
- "Touch the Sky" by Kanye West
- "You'd Be So Easy to Love" by Frank Sinatra
- "Think" by Aretha Franklin
- "City of Blinding Lights" by U2
- "Yes We Can" by will.i.am
Whose playlist would you swipe for your own iPod? Is Sinatra the key to party unity?