I was recently told by my best friend that she has been dating my ex boyfriend who I was with for three years. We were even engaged for a couple of weeks before he told me he cheated, and then I broke it off. Now, my best friend who I have known for almost 15 years now tells me that she has been dating him for three months. We broke up four months ago.
It is extremely awkward, because well . . .
- I have this nagging feeling that she is the one he cheated on me with.
- She cannot really talk to me about him.
- I know love is blind and all, and I try to be cool about it so that they can be happy, but she could have any guy in the world! Why him?
- She knows stuff about me that I am now afraid she might tell him, he is her boyfriend right?
- And what happens when she starts giving my ex boyfriend preference over me?
I know I sound selfish, but can I trust them? I love her too much to fight with her over this. Is there a way to handle this calmly?