We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, YourTango.
What is your theme for 2012 going to be? I’m not asking what your goals are with accomplishments by dates, or what your resolutions are going to be. Rather, what your vision or dream for the upcoming year is going to be. What do you feel energy or excitement around? What is it that you will be able to wrap yourself around and embrace? What is the thing that you can really connect with? What engages your imagination and feels compelling. That “something” that makes you want to work towards it, give it life, and make it dance!
Relax — this does not have to be a linear process. It can be as full of creativity as you desire. Some clients have created collages, others have picked a theme song and others have used menus as their theme.
Are you excited? Are you ready to place your theme on 2012? Ready to give it life and feel it pulse? Here are some questions to stimulate your thoughts:
- If your vision were a piece of music, what piece would it be?
- If your vision was from nature, what would it be? Perhaps it would be a tree, the ocean, a babbling brook, etc.
- What does your vision taste like?
- What does your dream smell like?
- Is your dream a color?
- What other senses can you use to develop your vision?
- What if your vision were a thousand times bigger? Describe what it would be.
Written by Eva Gregory for YourTango.
More from YourTango:
- 10 Daily Living Resolutions For The New Year!
- My New Year's Resolution: Don't Change A Thing
- 3 Critical Online Dating Tips For Women