From lacking boundaries and rudimentary etiquette to having devious agendas and homicidal tendencies, you were full of worst-case scenarios. Here are 10 of the best/worst.
- "They broke a Pyrex baking dish of mine (not a big deal) and didn't bother to tell me. I found out when I slipped on a sizable piece that they failed to pick up and it got lodged in my foot." — lilkimbo
- "The stoner that forgot I was his roommate and invited his friend to move into my room." — gigly_grl
- "I had a roommate, "Scarlet," who went to LA for a month for a gig and left a pot of matzo ball soup on the stove to mold when she took off. While she was gone, the landlord had a new front door put on the building, so when Scarlet came back, her key didn't work. Instead of calling me, she had two guy friends come over and kick the door in." — theCatsPajamas
- "He wanted us to all take turns cleaning his 6' long tropical fish tank because, he said 'why should I be responsible for something we all enjoy??'" — Anonymous
- "I had a 'Single White Female' roommate. She stole all my clothes. She would pretend to be me on the phone and invited a guy I was seeing to come over when I wasn't there. (luckily I happened to call him right before he left) AND the best for last.......one morning I awoke to an empty apt. Walked into the bathroom where she had wrapped a turned on curling iron with a towel!!" — NikkiRuby
Can it get any worse? Find out below.
- "My first roommate didn't speak to me the whole time we lived together. I introduced myself to her, she told me her name, and I think that was the only conversation we had. Literally, she never spoke. I'd ask her questions and she'd nod or shake her head, but she didn't speak, unless her boyfriend came over, and then they'd whisper." — chatondeneige
- "She bought a razor, didn't open it, used mine instead, and claimed that she thought it was hers!" — yellinln
- "A week after she moved into the apartment she quit her job and didn't know how she was going to pay rent. A month later she married her boyfriend because he was deploying to Iraq. While her hubby was away she would have internet "dates" with him (more than once I walked into the apartment to find her sprawled out naked on the living room floor in front of a webcam." — hibiscus96818
- [She] "told me I was not allowed to have my boyfriend spend the night more than once a week. Fast forward four months and she was pregnant and her boyfriend moved in with us. Ugh." — Anonymous
- "The worst was the guy who decided he was sick of not being able to use a dish if they were in the dishwasher (despite the fact that I was always the one washing them and he didn't do bubkiss to help out) and took all of the silverware to his room so that he could have them whenever he wanted." — tlsgirl
Source: Flickr User the hanner