- It's all about you. Summer is a time marked by great transition and the possibility to meet people. Find yourself! See what you like, dismiss what you don't, and spend some quality time with yourself.
- Your cell phone isn't in charge. Part of me adores my cell phone and the other part wants to chuck it out my eighth floor window. Your days — and nights — are your own! There's no need to check in or be attached to your phone waiting to check in with your significant other. Your life is your own. And that's pretty empowering.
- Traveling solo. You can go anywhere you want, ask for directions when you want, and check out the sights that interest you. The process can be a little overwhelming, but once you embrace the fact that you can get around on your own, there's nothing more uplifting for your confidence.
- Music festival freedom. Music festival romances are magic. If you've been on one of these adventures, you know what I'm talking about. You're entranced in the music. You're feeling open and welcoming. And out of nowhere on your right appears the most gorgeous guy you've ever seen who lives across the country. Welcome to your next three days.
- Butterflies in your belly. That feeling is totally indescribable. And you can have it as much as you want! There's nothing like meeting someone for the first time.
- Girls-only grilling. No more domineering males to take over the grill. Grab your girlfriends together for a day full of sunshine, booze, and BBQ. On second thought, maybe the BBQ should come before the boozing.
- The end of wedding season. Line up those groomsmen and take your pick. Who says the rules of Wedding Crashers apply just for dudes?
Image Source: Getty