We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, YourTango. Today, we learn how to have a stress-free Summer vacation with our partner.
You have Googled, planned, phoned and negotiated, finalized reservations, and even purchased sexy undergarments for yourself and your companion. But have you forgotten the most important ingredient for the most romantic time of your life? Do you know what that important ingredient might be?
The answer is attitude. Attitude is affected by your energy and the way you feel. Will you feel on edge or free-flowing, vibrant and sexy? It all comes down to attitude. Let's have a closer look at how your attitude can affect your romantic vacation.
- Remember: you are responsible for your own happiness. I am sure this is not earth-shattering news to you, but you would be surprised at how many people embark on romantic trips expecting their partners to make them happy. If you want to make yourself happy and enjoyable to be around, it is a good idea to leave your judgments and criticisms at home. We are all wired in a way that allows us to let go of upsetting thoughts. Focus on what you appreciate about your surroundings and take your focus away from what you do not like.
- Entertain love in your heart. With love in your heart you become magnetic. Wouldn't you prefer to be around someone who has a heart filled with love? Especially if that someone happens to be your travel companion. That is what you want your partner to feel for you. Your attitude will either attract what you want from your partner or it will deflect what you want.
For the rest of the article, head to YourTango: Six Tips For a Stress-Free, Romantic Summer Getaway
Written by Lori Carpenos for YourTango.
More from YourTango:
- Twelve Ways to Transform Your Love Life
- What Is Really Behind a Sexless Marriage?
- Why Celebrity Relationships Don't Last