On Columbus Day weekend, October 11-13, Jewish grandchildren will schlep to Florida to educate their grandparents about Obama, hoping to swing the state into the blue column. In the video below, Sarah Silverman does her part to help wrap up the Jewish grandparent demographic for Obama. The effort is called "The Great Schlep" and supporters without grandparents in Florida, or those who are not Jewish, are being asked to talk to their relatives about Obama, too.
Talking points to be discussed with said grandparents include:
- Barack's Biography Obama's life story of achievement through education and hard work is one Jews can relate to.
- Foreign Affairs Obama has expressed a willingness to talk to any nation without preconditions but with appropriate preparations. This is the kind of smart, but strong, diplomacy that led Israel to a peace treaty with its strongest enemy, Egypt.
- Barack Hearts Israel and so do you! We don't need a volatile and unpredictable president like McCain in charge of America's relationship with Israel. We need a steady hand like Obama who will continue decades of US commitment to a strong and secure Israel.
- Patriotism His love for the United States is similar to that of generations of Jewish immigrants, who love America for giving them an opportunity to succeed when they worked hard enough.
- He's Black, Let's talk about it! Obama represents a different kind of black leadership, less interested in the confrontational tactics favored by many who came of age in the 1960s and 1970s.
What do you think about Sarah's plea? Would you schlep for Obama?