Editor's note: The following is a guest post written by Jodi Lipper and Cerina Vincent, authors of How to Eat Like a Hot Chick, How to Love Like a Hot Chick, and the upcoming Live Like a Hot Chick. Today they're discussing toxic friendships.
- Your friend flirts with your man, makes sexual comments and innuendos whenever he's around, gets a bit too excited to see him, and/or has even gone so far as to sit on his lap or dance seductively in front of him.
- She often borrows money from you and promises to pay you back, but instead she tells you how broke she is and buys a pair of $200 jeans when you're out shopping together.
- She makes condescending comments about your appearance, job, or relationship status such as, "What's up with those shoes?" or, "Are you ever embarrassed to tell people what you do for a living?" or, "No date this weekend, either, huh?"
- You find yourself hesitating before sharing good news with her because you're worried that she'll act weird and jealous and turn something great into a draining, dramatic fight.
- She always breaks plans, changes them at the last minute, or shows up obnoxiously late, and you're starting to feel like you can't rely on her at all because she's so disrespectful of you and your time.
If these sound all too familiar, pick up a copy of Live Like a Hot Chick on Sept. 7 for tips on how to improve friendships that are worth saving and dispose of friends who are truly toxic.