Liberty and I are counting down the minutes until the big State of the Union. Not content to just watch for the speech (though that's an added bonus) we're going on a little scavenger hunt. Here's the list of what we're looking for during President Bush's speech. First one to check off all of the items and leave a comment here, wins! Race ya!
- "The State of the American people is strong"
- "Wireless surveillance of suspected terrorists"
- "Importance of opposing the forces of protectionism and isolationism"
- "Swift bipartisan effort"
- Economic stimulus
- Surge is a success
- Energy independence
- Interrogation techniques
- Harboring terrorists
- Protect America Act
- FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act)
- Triple Threat: Pakistan+Afghanistan+al-Qaeda
- Hometown Rep (for me it's Darlene Hooley, D-OR!)
- Token celeb
- Which cabinet member is missing?
- International figure sitting next to Laura
- Cute kid
- Dem frowning/falling asleep/checking BlackBerry
- Both Pelosi and Cheney standing and clapping — together.
If you want to add a layer of sauce to the scavenger hunt, those scamps at Wonkette have this State of the Union drinking game for you.
What do you think is the State of our Union?