Skip Nav

Stranger Than Fiction: Preschool Teachers Eat Pot Brownies

Snack time gets scandalous! Several teachers at a Los Angeles preschool got sick last year after eating a batch of brownies that one of the teachers purchased from "what she thought was a church bake sale." But after munching on one brownie each, the teachers got a serious case of the munchies, not to mention some silliness and confusion.

You can probably guess how this turns out: the supposed "church bake sale" was actually a random sidewalk vendor, and the brownies were actually pot brownies. The truth was reported five months later in the the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report of the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention. Apparently, none of the teachers had smoked or ingested pot before and didn't like it one bit.

Though accidentally eating pot brownies has been played for laughs everywhere from the season one finale of 90210 to the movie Taking Woodstock, it would be pretty horrifying if you thought you were eating regular brownies and suddenly came down with a serious case of stonedness. However, I find it weird that the teacher supposedly thought she was buying the brownies from a church bake sale. Do you buy that story?

Image Source: Getty
Latest Love
Looking for the perfect gift this holiday season? Order our POPSUGAR Must Have box now >>