Yesterday AskMen.com pointed out some signs to help its readers determine if they're too nice. According to the article, while women might appreciate a guy with good manners, we're never going to respect a guy who's easy to walk all over. My spin on the signs that a guy is just too nice are as follows:
- He brings his good manners into the bedroom. Sex is the time when assertiveness is important. After all, a woman doesn't want to get physical with a timid guy.
- He's too caught up in his girlfriend's interests. Showing that he cares is great, but he should be able to have his own life.
- His compliments come too often. Women love a compliment from their significant other, but if he compliments too much, it just seems phony.
- He's willing to put up with too much. It's nice to try to understand another's point of view, but a guy who never stands up for himself is just a drag.
- He's always in a good mood. No one likes to be around an angry guy, but it's OK for a guy to get angry sometimes.
Although, I actually agree with some of these, I don't think it's because they make a guy too nice. If a guy never gets angry then I'd guess he's repressing emotions, and if he's always caught up in his girlfriend's life then eventually he's going to feel dissatisfied because the balance will be uneven in their relationship. I appreciate a guy with manners and opinions, but I'm not sure that excessive kindness is a bad thing. Do you agree with the article's points? Is there such a thing as too nice?