We all have things we should do and other things we just wanna do, and sometimes, we need a little reminder that we're allowed to do things our own way! That's one reason I love the You Don't Need Permission To . . . feature on DearSugar, where every day we examine a tiny indulgence, or an act of irresponsibility, or a rule you should be allowed to break! So as part of our best of 2007 coverage, here are some of the things you didn't need permission to do this year.
- buy a dessert and claim it's homemade.
- not wear thongs.
- look forward to the weekend so you can overindulge.
For the rest of the list,
- keep dancing until they kick you out of the bar.
- be extremely distracted just because it's Friday!
- watch the cooking channel even though you don't cook.
- be comfortably and unapologetically single until you meet the right person.
- purposely send an e-mail to your boss late at night just so he knows how hard you're working.
- shower until the hot water runs out.