The saying “the grass is always greener” couldn’t be more true. It’s just so easy to glamorize what we don’t have, especially when it comes to relationships. When you’re taken, it suddenly feels like everyone is living la vida loca, and when you’re single, all the negative that comes with being in a relationship magically disappears. But the truth is, just because you’re glamorizing something doesn’t actually make it more glamorous, so I thought I’d put together a list to remind the single folks what they’re not missing! To check it out,
- Being in a relationship requires a lot of time and energy. Sure, the benefits should outweigh the work, but still, it can be tiring.
- That new crush feeling goes away. Being in love is great, but it’s just not the same as the adrenaline rush you get when you meet someone new.
- You have to accommodate and compromise all the time. A serious couple has to check in with each other before they make plans and forgo certain things to appease each other.
- You can’t hang out with your friends as much as you want. Even if you and your boyfriend are extremely conscious of maintaining your friendships, it’s just not possible to spend as much time with your friends as you used to. This is totally normal, but still a bummer.
- Your days of silly flirting, first kisses, and hourlong makeout sessions are over (at least for a while).
In my opinion, the absolute best part about being single is having all that potential at your fingertips — there's just no way to recreate that particular feeling! What am I leaving out? Please share your own ideas below.