I was psyched to see that TV Land cable network just recently compiled their list of the top 100 television catchphrases of all time. Dy-No-Mite! I thought. Then I realized they "narrowed it down" to 100. I was all "Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?!"
I can see why their list is so large after I tried to narrow it down to ten--it's impossible. So I'll give you a little teaser below. Giggle Girls, what do you think of my list? What did I leave out?
- Aaay! (Fonzie, "Happy Days")
- Come on down! (Johnny Olson, "The Price is Right")
- De plane! De plane! (Tattoo, "Fantasy Island")
- D'oh! (Homer Simpson, "The Simpsons")
- Holy, __ Batman! (Robin, "Batman")
- I Want My MTV! (old MTV ad)
- Yabba, dabba doo! (Fred Flintsone, "The Flintstones")
- It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. (Timex commercial)
- No soup for you! (The Soup Nazi, "Seinfeld")
- Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! (Jan Brady, "The Brady Bunch")
Turns out there's a TV Lovers Suite that was all over this that you should check out!