I asked what your favorite memoir was last week, and all you confession-reading lovers chimed in with your picks. There were the usual suspects, like Angela's Ashes, but I was amazed by the variety and your less-than-obvious choices.
So out of all of your suggestions in comments and on Facebook, I picked eight underrated memoirs to put on your radar.
- Manic, Terri Cheney
- The Aquariums of Pyongyang, Chol-hwan Kang
- Teacher Man, Frank McCourt
- The Glass Castle, Jeanette Walls
- Dandelion: Memoir of a Free Spirit, Catherine James
- Miriam's Kitchen, Elizabeth Ehrlich
- Loose Girl: A Memoir of Promiscuity, Kerry Cohen
- My Own Two Feet, Beverly Cleary
Have any to add?