My boyfriend is always complaining he never gets anything in the mail other than bills and junk so I want to do something cute, quirky, and or kinky and send him something. Do you have any ideas as to what I can send? --Postmarked Penny
To see DEARSUGAR's answer read more
Dear Postmarked Penny--
What a cute idea -- gone are the days of receiving handwritten letters, let alone an out of the blue gift or care package, so I think you are so sweet to surprise your boyfriend like this! While it is much easier to send women fun mail, here are some general ideas that you might like.
- Buy him a weekly or monthly subscription to his favorite magazine. If you want to push the envelope a little, you could opt for FHM, Maxim, or even Playboy!
- A simple heart felt card is always a lovely gesture. If you want to stretch out the surprise, you could send him a daily note, leaving the grand finale to arrive on a Saturday
- Sending photos of you two together is another heartfelt idea. If you want to step it up a notch, send some sexy photos of you in your favorite lingerie, although be careful when sending compromising pictures through the mail, you don't want them to get into the wrong hands!
- I would consider an invitation to be fun mail, so you could formally invite him to dinner out on the town or a surprise weekend away
- If you're feeling like spoiling your man through his stomach, you could send him a care package of Omaha Steaks or his favorite mustards for his next BBQ. I am sure he would be thrilled to open a box like that!
Whatever you decide to send, I guarantee your boyfriend will be touched by your loving gesture. Have fun!