Who's your daddy? Is he anything like you? We all take traits from our parents, both good and bad. This week, in honor of Father's Day this Sunday (did you buy a card yet at least?), I'm wondering what your father gave you in terms of personality quirks, physical characteristics, and other common bonds. The answers ranged from a shared love of Tolkien to traits you wish you could shed. Here are some of the most fascinating answers.
- I'm a little female clone of my dad! We have the same face, same frame, same blue eyes and really light skin . . . we also have the same propensity to break bones, which sucks, and the same need for alone time. My daughter is a little female clone of HER dad, too. — Girl Jen
- When I was a child, I was playing Nintendo, and my dad came in from a run all sweaty. I remember thinking to myself, "I'll never be that boring! It's all he ever talks about!" Now, I also have a deep passion for running, the joke was on me! — spacekatgal
Read on for six more, good and bad.
- I'm a daddy's girl to a T. My family always makes fun of me for it. My dad and I are both fans of going anywhere, anytime. We both highly dislike touch-screen technology. We both love sweets. We both love buying gifts for other people. We can both be short-fused with our tempers. We both like playing pranks and can be mischievous (I have been told I have my dad's same trouble-making grin). My dad is pretty much my biggest inspiration. He's intense sometimes (control-freak!) and I am much more laid back, but he's amazing. I wish I was more like him, actually. — postmodernsleaze
- I have my father's stubbornness and his temper, although I'm trying to do a better job at handling these traits than I feel like he did sometimes. On the positive side, I also have his sense of humor and integrity. — kimmieb124
- Bipolar Disorder. That's all I would prefer to have in common. Moving on. — HoneyBrown1976
- My dad always brought home stray dogs when I was a kid; the desire to help animals was the first and most important trait he instilled in me. He and I also like a lot of the same music (we're going to see the Flaming Lips together). — Weffie
- Some things my dad and I have in common is our love for camping, love of power tools, and love of animals. — Snookyx
- My dad and I both love horror movies and spicy food. — Juicebox07