Whether you prefer having a cat or a dog as a pet can say a lot about your personality. Here's a list of traits for each, and you can be the judge if there's any truth to it.
Cat owners tend to be...
Dog owners tend to be...
- introverted, self-conscious, shy, secretive, sensitive
- interested in quieter pursuits like reading, watching movies and videos, music, etc.
- Are homebodies or prefer quiet places
- Like their creature comforts and although they expect people to notice them, they tend not to boast, preferring to draw attention to themselves in less direct ways
- Have a small circle of close friends rather than a larger group
- extroverted, eager, unembarrassed, open
- Interested in sports, adventuring, exploring, and outdoor pursuits
- Like to be busy and go out a lot, like loud places like parties
- They tease and pick on each other in a friendly way, and like talking and boasting about their accomplishments
- Have a large circle of friends and acquaintances and they make friends easily
So what do you think? Does having a cat or dog reveal anything about its owner? Do any of these characteristics apply to you or anyone you know?
Source and Source
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.