Are you worried that you are losing your hair? Do you get concerned when you see how much hair is left in your hairbrush or in your shower drain? Well if so, you are not alone. Thankfully I am here to squash your fears and give you the facts about how much hair is too much to lose.
Click here to
- Losing up to 100 strands of hair per day, roughly enough hair to cover your shower drain, is considered healthy and normal
- The longer your hair, the thinner it will look and feel, so don't confuse a thin ponytail with losing your hair
- Your part is a good way to weigh hair loss. If your part widens over time, compare photos if you are not sure, or if you have a noticeable amount of more hair in your hairbrush than usual, your hair could be thinning
- Most cases of hair loss are temporary in younger women if you take all precautionary measures you can once you notice thinning hair
- Chemically treating or using hot tools on your hair can wreak havoc on the health of your hair, causing breakage and fall out, so lay off the treatments
- Hormones, going on and off the pill, and stress affects the condition of your hair. Healthy eating habits (omega-3 fatty acids rich foods, salmon for example, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc.) and exercise is crucial to shiny, full and healthy hair
- A multi vitamin, rich in Iron, Zinc, and Biotin can help improve hair health
- Be sure to gently brush or comb your hair; yanking it will cause breakage
- Avoid hair ties with metal. If you need to keep your hair up and away from your face, opt for a clip or a pin to avoid breakage and damage
- Frequent coloring, chemically treating, or adding extensions to your hair not only weakens it from the root, but causes the ends to be more brittle
- If you can, avoid washing your hair every day. Natural oils are good for hair health and shine
While it's fun to change your look through your hair, be sure to take good care of your body, mind and soul so your locks don't suffer. Luckily beach waves are in ladies, so lay off the blow dryer and flat iron!