If these signs sound like you, watch out, you may be hovering in Helicopter Mom territory!
- You have the cell phone numbers of all of your kids' teachers on speed dial — and you're not shy about calling.
- You enlisted the services of a preschool admittance essay adviser in your second trimester.
- You started a line of kids clothing with built-in tracking devices.
- Your child is your best friend.
- You attend, observe, and videotape every dance class, and then learn all of the routines so you can practice together.
- After your tot and a friend set up a lemonade stand, you ask the friend's mom for a letter of recommendation highlighting your 6-year-old's business acumen.
- You see nothing wrong with personally taking down that 8-year-old bully (and her mother) who didn't let your lil one in the clubhouse.
- Your 4-year-old orders Chinese food. In Chinese.
- All potential playmates and their parents must cooperate with a thorough background check.
- You don't count Cornell as a real Ivy. In ten years, your child will only be applying there as a safety school.