- To express his emotions because bottling them up eventually makes a person explode.
- To say "ladies first," hold doors open for women, and give his date the jacket off his back when he or she is cold because the world is moving forward in wonderful ways but that doesn't mean chivalry has to die.
- To put the toilet seat down after he pees, change his sheets frequently, learn to cook, and do laundry.
- To channel his energy through sports, art, dance, the written word — whatever his passion may be.
- That even the biggest fight should be settled with the mind rather than fists.
- That not following the group doesn't make him a loser, but his own leader.
- To stick up for the underdog even if it makes him an outcast.
- That he has the power to make an amazing difference in life.
- To worry less about whether she's proud of him and more about having pride in himself.
- Smiles are free so be generous with them.
Like us on Facebook
There's a special bond between mothers and sons. Women raising boys have the power to shape the next generation of men and those to come by teaching their kids important lessons.