Here's a post from our partners at BabyCenter! Every week, we bring you the best parenting and lifestyle stories from the experts at BabyCenter, including this post about what moms really want for Mother's Day.
The question is innocent enough, right? "What do you want for Mother's Day?"
My husband asked me this over the weekend. Instead of shrugging and saying nothing, like I usually do, I took the time to think about what I'd like. And, oddly enough, none of the things I came up with were things you can buy at a store.
All of them require a little effort from my family. Maybe that's why they're so hard to come by?
I have a feeling I'm not alone here. Without further ado…
10 Things I Really Want for Mother's Day (That Don't Cost A Dime)
- My baby to sleep through the night. Please God, if you give me nothing else my whole life, I'll take this and be eternally happy.
- Everyone in my family to pick up their own clutter. This includes your socks, toys, water bottles, keys, mail, books and anything else you routinely leave strewn about.
- An unexpected treat that I didn't have to ask for.
- Everyone to put away their own laundry. In a timely fashion.
- The kids not complaining about the dinner I've cooked. And on that note...
- A really yummy homemade meal that I didn't have to cook...
- Followed by some homemade chocolate cake.
- A nap where no one bothers me, asks me to get them something to drink or cries because their Legos fell apart.
- Someone to make my mud room look like the ones on Pinterest.
- A real neck massage. Not a gift card for a massage (because I do not have time to use that.)
What would you like for Mother's Day?