- Ask for either the first appointment of the day or the one after lunch. Doing so will reduce the chances that the doctor is already running late.
- Book appointments for the middle of the week. Mondays and Fridays tend to be filled with lil ones who were sick over the weekend or want to be seen before the week comes to a close.
- Call before going in for the appointment. The receptionists should be able to provide some guidance about how closely the doctor is running to her schedule.
- Schedule well-child checkups in the Summer, if possible. With so many families taking vacation and a lack of cold weather viruses, doctor's offices tend to be less hectic throughout the Summer months.
- Prepare a list of questions before arriving at the office. Doing so will help make the office visit go more smoothly and will avoid you having to chase after the doctor as you think of more questions once the exam is through.
- Call a few days in advance to see if you can drop off school/camp forms so they will be ready when you arrive for your appointment.