I didn't know about baby registries until I was pregnant with my daughter, but since I like the surprise involved in opening presents, I never put a list together. Lately, it seems like more and more stores are registry ready. From Pottery Barn Kids to Babies "R" Us, and Giggle to Amazon, everyone is in on the action.
Here are my must haves for any child's registry:
- Britax Boulevard Car Seat — Since you can't drive around with baby without one, I recommend this one ($299) that provides side impact protection for children who are 5 to 65 lbs.
- Nano Highchair — I have an old-fashioned wooden highchair, but after cleaning all the nooks and crannies after each meal, I'd much prefer The Nano ($180). It's simple design looks easy to wipe down and you can fold it up to store between feedings.
- Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper —My son leaped like crazy in this brightly colored musical contraption ($80) until he walked at 10 months.
- Baby Einstein Neptune Ocean Environment Play Gym—Baby can travel under the sea during tummy time and play with plush aquatic friends on this mat ($70).
- Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium Cradle Swing — This swing ($100) lulled both my kids to sleep and was light enough to move around the house so I could keep an eye on them while I tidied up or showered.