Skip Nav

Baby Swallows Expanding Toy


Baby Swallows Expanding Toy

A Texas baby's recent close call is a reminder that the dangers of ingesting toys or other non-edible objects is as real as ever. 

As ABC News reports, when 8-month-old Aunrarya swallowed a marble-sized Water Balz toy, the super-absorbent polymer began to expand and soon completely blocked her digestive system. Luckily, Aunraya was brought into the Texas Children's Hospital in time for successful surgery, and she is now fine. 

Dunecraft, Inc, the company that markets Water Balz, emphasizes that its toys are clearly marked for children 4 and older, and warns of the choking hazard. 

Read the full story at ABC News>> 

Image Source: Pediatrics via ABC News

Latest Moms

Download our Halloween app!

Go to App Store
+