Dress to the nines for the first day of school without breaking the bank! From school supplies to new clothes, back-to-school shopping can take a hefty chunk out of Mama's wallet, and these days that's the last thing moms want to hear. We know the first day of school is special — filled with new friends, a new classroom, and oftentimes a new outfit — but it doesn't have to send the family to the poor house.
Over the next few days, we're showing moms just how easy it is to dress a schoolyard prince and princess in a brand-new outfit at various budget levels. First up, head-to-toe outfits for under $35. Check them out!
Lil ones can head off to school in their best country club attire without breaking the bank!
- Top: Children's Place Heathered Jersey Polo  ($10)
- Shorts: Crazy 8 Belted Plaid Short  ($10)
- Shoes: Crazy 8 Slip-On Sneaker  ($15)
- Top: The Children's Place Lace Bird Graphic Tee  ($6)
- Skirt: Old Navy Poplin Tie-Front Skirt  ($13)
- Shoes: Target Mossimo Supply Co. Bliss Gladiator Flip Flops  ($7)
They'll be ready for gym class and recess with these athletics-inspired outfits.
- Top: Target C9 by Champion Orange Training Short-Sleeve Tee  ($9)
- Pants: Crazy 8 Athletic Active Pant  ($13)
- Shoes: Target Pro S Percy Boys Athletic Orange  ($13)
- Top: The Children's Place Hello Kitty Girls' Glitter Star Short-Sleeve Tee  ($8)
- Shorts: Crazy 8 Peace Knit Short  ($5)
- Shoes: Target Circo® Janeane Athletic Shoes - Multi Color  ($20)
Mad For Plaid
Plaid is all the rage for boys and girls. Paired with some dark denim, lil ones will be on top of the trends at the start of the year.
- Top: American Living Rylan Short Sleeve Shirt  ($14)
- Jeans: Old Navy Boys Skinny Jeans  ($12)
- Shoes: Old Navy Printed Canvas Slip-Ons  ($10)
- Top: Crazy 8 Ruffle Plaid Top  ($15)
- Jeans: Old Navy Dark-Wash Super Skinny Jeans  ($12)
- Shoes: Old Navy Gladiator Sandals  ($8)