- Try a relaxing, soothing bubble bath like Johnson and Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath and Wash to help your kids calm down.
- If you have toddlers, allow them to choose between two sets of pajamas. Younger tots like to assert control, and they will make quicker decisions if they are given two options rather than you choosing for them.
7:25-7:35: Brush Teeth and Bathroom
- Allow your kids to choose their toothbrush and toothpaste to make them excited about brushing their teeth. Be firm about the bathroom routine, so they are less likely to have an accident.
7:35-7:55: Practice Reading
- Read with your kids for 20 minutes or if your kid is old enough, it's important that you let them practice reading aloud to you.
7:55-8:00: Secure Goodnight
- Tuck your kids in, turn on their nightlight if needed, and sing a lullaby if requested. Make their bedroom feel like a secure, safe place. Be unyielding when it comes to bedtime. Refrain from staying in the room until they fall asleep. Instead, promise that you will check in on them in a few minutes to give them a sense of security.
Image Source: Thinkstock