She was there with a hug after every spill and filled you with advice before sending you off into the world. As moms, we are chief boo-boo healers and lunch-makers. We are also daughters filled with memories of our special moments of our own moms. Here are my top five memories with my mother:
- She was at the end of the lane when I swam my first lap across the pool.
- Standing in her bedroom as we tried on her beautifully hand-sewn Halloween  costumes each October.
- The special mother-daughter shopping trips we took and then hid our goods in the trunk until dad was fast asleep.
- The sound in her voice when I called to tell her I was engaged (my father hadn't told her that my now husband had called a few days earlier).
- When I handed her my first child to hold an hour after he was born.
What's your favorite memory?