We do something similar for my son's birthdays. We choose a book that matches the theme of his party and ask the guests to write a greeting inside. It acts as a guest book so we can remember who was there, but it's also a really nice keepsake. I hope to continue this tradition!
If you want to put this tip to good use, here are a couple of books that fall in line with popular party themes.
- If you're throwing an animal affair, Never, Ever Shout at the Zoo or We All Went on Safari might do.
- When pirates are walking the plank at your celebration, have them gather around to hear The Barefoot Book of Pirates.
- If it's a royal celebration, check out The Princess and the Pea.
- For an art party, try When Pigasso Met Mootisse or Art Dog.
- If the celebration is going to get kids cooking, check out Fanny at Chez Panisse.
Share your party theme and book suggestions below!