Want a healthful breakfast the whole family will love that's bubbly hot and on the table in less than 20 minutes? Try baking up this tasty and easy breakfast pizza. Along with being filled with protein-rich eggs, pizza is also a fun surprise for tots at breakfast time. Add toppings to fit your family's taste, or just stick with basic cheese — let your kids be the judge. Best of all, lil ones can help put this breakfast together, making it a fun morning activity.
Keep reading for the recipe for this family-friendly breakfast!
- 11-ounce tube of refrigerated pizza dough
1/4 cup milk
Dash of salt and pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh chopped tomato (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400F and lightly grease a 13-inch pizza pan. Remove the refrigerated pizza dough from the tube, and invite your child to carefully press the dough around the pan, leaving a bit of extra dough around the edges to help hold in the egg mixture.
- Whip the eggs with the milk, and add a dash of salt and pepper. Carefully pour the mixture over the crust.
- Top with the shredded cheese and a few rounds of Canadian bacon.
- Pop the breakfast pizza in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the egg has set.
- Add a touch of freshness with a sprinkling of chopped tomatoes, and serve.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.