While more than half of polled LilSugar readers have tasted their own breast milk, only a small fraction have taken their exploration so far as to make momsicles (that's popsicles made with mom's milk). Inspired by the New York chef that made headlines for serving cheese made with his wife's milk, I went on a hunt to find recipes rich in breast milk. Whether you are an adventurous chef or you are starting to wean baby and want to supplement solids with the nutrients of breast milk, here are a few inspirational concoctions.
- Mashed avocado with breast milk: One mom mixed half an organic avocado with breast milk for baby's "first taste of something other than rice cereal."
- Breast milk cheese: You'll need mother's milk, cow's milk, yogurt, and rennet to get started.
- Breast milk soap: Make a milky wash with a mixture of water, vegetable oil, cocoa butter, and breast milk.
- Momsicles: This easy and cold treat is oft used to sooth teething tots.
- Breast milk ice cream: Making mother's milk into a dessert.
- Breast milk cupcakes: Everyone loves a cupcake, but would you eat one made with breast milk?
- Chanterelle sauce with a dash of breast milk and cognac: One chef says he spikes his sauce with the stuff. Consider that for your next fancy affair.
Want to try a recipe and need to get the milk pumping? Try Milkmakers Lactation Cookies.
Source: Flickr User montage man