- Lansinoh Nipple Cream — There are hundreds of creams on the market, but Lansinoh ($13) is one of my favorites.
- Cabbage leaves — Some women swear that chilled cabbage leaves help with engorgement and swelling.
- Washcloths — In the old days, expecting women used to take a wet washcloth and rub their nipples nearly raw so they would be tough when the baby came along.
- Bags of frozen peas — When I suffered through mastitis, bags of frozen peas helped to cool down the infected areas.
- Nipple shields — Some of my friends have relied on nipple shields to get them from one feeding to the next. They work wonders for nipple challenged mothers.
What was your go-to cure? Share it in comments!